Pushing OCS for Windows setup
To push setup, administrative shares must be enabled on remote computer. Moreover, on computers not members of a Windows domain, you have to disable “Using simple share (recommended)” using “Folders options”.
1 . Click on the [ Windows Agent ] button of Agent Deployment Tool main window to start deploying on Windows computers. You can choose to deploy Agent on:
- all Windows computers within the specified IP range,
- a list of manually selected computers: select them in the network neighbourhood using button “Browse Network“, or specify them using UNC notation (\\Computer_name or \\IP_Address) or select multiple computers into Active Directory using button “Browse AD“, or import them from a file (file must contain one IP or computer name by line).
Click [ Next ].
2 . Fill up the following information:
- Select Windows Agent installer file to push,
- Select plugin files to copy into plugins directory of the agent (optional),
- Select additional files to copy into Agent’s data folder, like certificate file (optional),
- Enter OCS Inventory NG BLESK server URL your.blesk.server/ocsinventory
- Check Do not register service if you do not wish to use service for launching Agent,
- Check Do not register Systray applet autostart if you do not wish to display OCS icon into Systray,
- Check Force inventory just after setup to force inventory launch after OCS agent installation,
then, click [ Next ].
3 . Provide the credentials of an Administrator account on the domain with associated password and click [ Next ]. You must specify account like DOMAIN_NAME\Administrator.
4 . You are now ready to process. Choose the number of computers to push installation simultaneously (up to 10 computers) using the slider and click [ Start ].
The Agent Deployment Tool will first check if remote computer is up and running, copy the installation files to the remote computer through administrative shares, uses PSEXEC to execute installation on remote Windows computer or SSH for Unix. If the tool encounter errors on one or more computers, it will prompt you to save the list of failed computers into a CSV file, and you will be able to import this file later to restart the installation process on these computers.